On Wednesday, 28 September 2022, at 12.30, a press conference will be held in the Holy See Press Office to present “Sport for all. Cohesive, Accessible and Tailored to each person” – International Summit for the presentation of the Declaration on Sport, to take place in the Vatican’s New Synod Hall from 29 to 30 September 2022.
The panel will be composed of:
- His Eminence Cardinal Kevin Joseph Farrell, prefect of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life;
- The Reverend Fr. Alexandre Awi Mello, ISch., secretary of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life;
- The Reverend Msgr. Melchor Sánchez de Toca y Alameda, Dicastery for Culture and Education;
- Dr. Santiago Perez de Camino, chargé for Sports Pastoral Care of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life;
- Dr. Tegla Loroupe, multiple world half-marathon champion and president of the Tegla Loroupe Peace Foundation, Kenya;
- Dr. Rodrigo Hübner Mendes, president of the Rodrigo Mendes Institute, Brazil.
The press conference will be livestreamed in the original language on the Vatican News YouTube Channel, at https://www.youtube.com/c/VaticanNews.