On Tuesday 18 June 2019, at 11.30, at the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, a press conference will be held to present the International Youth Forum, organized by the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life, to take place in Rome from 19 to 22 June 2019 on the theme: “The young in action in a synodal Church”.
The aim of the International Youth Forum is to promote the reception and continuation of the synodal path of the 15th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, held in the Vatican from 3 to 28 October 2018 on the theme: “Young People, Faith and Vocational Discernment”.
The speakers will be:
- Rev. Fr. Alexandre Awi Mello, I.Sch., secretary of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life;
- Rev. Fr. João Chagas, head of the Youth Office of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life;
- Desfortunées Kuissuk Feupeussi, youth leader of the Emmanuel Community in Cameroon, member of the youth group of Doual, Cameroon, auditor at the 15th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, October 2018;
- Isabella McCafferty, member of the Youth Council of the Episcopal Conference of New Zealand, engaged in youth pastoral care for the archdiocese of Wellington, New Zealand; present at the pre-Synodal meeting in March 2018;
- Michele Borghi, delegate of the Communion and Liberation Movement at the National Council for Lay Movements of the Italian Episcopal Council; present at the pre-Synodal meeting in March 2018.