In accordance with Art 10, par. l-2 of the Apostolic Constitution Episcopalis Communio, the Secretary General of the Syno, His Eminence Cardinal Mario Grech has established and will preside over the Preparatory Commission for the XVI Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops.
The members of the aforementioned commission are:
- Fr. Giacomo Costa, S.J. (coordinator);
- Archbishop Timothy John Costelloe, S.D.B.;
- Bishop Daniel E. Flores;
- Sr. Shizue Hirota, M.M.B.;
- Bishop Lucio A. Muandula;
- Professor Dario Vitali;
- Msgr. Tomasz Trafny (secretary).
The General Rapporteur of the XVI Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, His Eminence Cardinal Jean-Claude Hollerich, S.J., will also participate in the work of the Commission.