During the audience granted today to His Eminence Cardinal Marcello Semeraro, prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Supreme Pontiff has authorized the same Congregation to promulgate the Decrees regarding:
- the miracle attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God Maria Costanza Panas (née Agnese Pacifica), professed nun, of the Capuchin Claretians of the Monastery of Fabriano, born on 5 January 1896 in Alano di Piave, Italy, and died on 28 May 1963 in Fabriano, Italy;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Edoardo Francesco Pironio, Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church, born on 3 December 1920 in Nueve de Julio, Argentina, and died on 5 February 1998 in Rome, Italy;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Immacolato Giuseppe of Jesus (né: Aldo Brienza), professed religious of the Order of Discalced Carmelites; born on 15 August 1922 in Campobasso, Italy, and died there on 13 April 1989;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Benigna Victim of Jesus (née Maria da Conceição Santos), professed religious of the Congregation of the Sisters Handmaids of Our Lady of Piety, born on 16 August 1907 in Diamantina, Brazil, and died on 16 October 1981 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Juana (Juanita) Méndez Romero, professed religious of the Congregation of the Religious Workers of the Heart of Jesus, born on 9 January 1937 in Villanueva de Córdoba, Spain, and died there on 5 April 1990.