Today, Friday 11 October, at the briefing on the work of the Synod, taking place at 13.30 in the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, the following will be present:
- His Eminence Cardinal Carlos Aguiar Retes, archbishop of México, Mexico;
- Archbishop Pedro Brito Guimarâes of Palmas, Brazil;
- Bishop Joaquín Pertíñez Fernández, O.A.R., of Rio Branco, Brazil;
- Sr. Dr. Birgit Weiler, of the Congregation of Medical Mission Sisters, collaborator in the pastoral ministry for the care of creation of the Episcopal Commission for Social Action of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, Peru;
- Dr. Paolo Ruffini, prefect of the Dicastery for Communication;
- Fr. Giacomo Costa, S.J., secretary of the Commission for Information.
The briefing will be chaired by the vice-director of the Holy See Press Office, Cristiane Murray.