This morning, at 10.00, in the Clementine Hall of the Apostolic Palace, during the celebration of Terce, the Holy Father Francis held an Ordinary Public Consistory for the Canonization of the Blesseds:
- John Henry Newman, cardinal of the Holy Roman Church, founder of the Oratory of Saint Philip Neri in England;
- Giuseppina Vannini (born Giuditta Adelaide Agata), founder of the Daughters of Saint Camillus;
- Maria Teresa Chiramel Mankidiyan, founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Family;
- Dulce Lopes Pontes (born Maria Rita), of the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception of the Mother of God;
- Margarita Bays, virgin, of the Third Order of Saint Francis of Assisi.
During the Consistory, the Pope decreed that the Blesseds be inscribed in the Book of Saints on Sunday 13 October 2019.