Today the Holy Father received in audience:
- H.E. Msgr. José Luis Alvarez Palacio, ambassador of Ecuador to the Holy See, presenting his credential letters;
- H.E. Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, prefect of the Congregation for the Oriental Churches;
- H.E. Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne, archbishop of Lima, Perù;
- H.E. Msgr. Martín de Elizalde, bishop emeritus of Nueve de Julio, Argentina;
- H.E. Msgr. Francesco Follo, Holy See Permanent Observer at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (U.N.E.S.C.O.).