Vatican City, 8 July 2016 – This morning the Holy Father Francis received in a private audience Cardinal Angelo Amato, S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, during which he authorised the Congregation to promulgate the following decrees:
- A miracle attributed to the intercession of Venerable Servant of God Louis-Antoine Rose Ormières, French priest and founder of the the Congregation of the Sisters of the Guardian Angel (1809-1890).
- Servants of God Antonio Arribas Hortigüela, Spanish, and 6 companions, missionaries of the Sacred Heart, killed in hatred of the faith on 29 September 1936;
- Servant of God Jozef Mayr-Nusser, layperson, born in Bolzano in 1910 and killed in hatred of the faith on 24 February 1945 in Erlangen.
- HEROIC VIRTUES
- Servant of God Alphonse Gallegos, of the Order of Augustinian Recollects, American bishop, auxilary of the diocese of Sacramento (1931- 1991);
- Servant of God Rafael Sánchez García, Spanish diocesan priest (1911 -1973);
- Servant of God Andrés Filomeno García Acosta, Spanish professed layperson of the Order of Friars Minor (1800 – 1853);
- Servant of God Giuseppe Marchetti, Italian professed priest of the Congregation of the Missionaries of St. Charles Borromeo (1869 -1896);
- Servant of God Giacomo Viale, Italian professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor, parish priest (1830- 1912);
- Servant of God Maria Pia of the Cross (née Maddalena Notari), Italian woman religious, founder of the Congregation of the Crucified Sisters Adorers of the Holy Eucharist (1847 -1919).