Decree of the Holy Father Francis
for the assignment of sectors, areas and pastoral services
to the Auxiliary Bishops of the Diocese of Rome
Having proceeded with the promulgation of the Apostolic Constitution In ecclesiarum communione concerning the ordering of the Vicariate of Rome, wishing to implement what is established therein
that the following sectors, areas and pastoral services be entrusted to the Auxiliary Bishops
- His Excellency Bishop Daniele Libanori, S.I., centre sector, area of education;
- His Excellency Bishop Daniele Salera, northern sector, area of Christian formation;
- His Excellency Bishop Riccardo Lamba, Eastern sector, hospitable and “outbound” Church, Service for the Protection of Minors and Vulnerable Persons;
- His Excellency Bishop Dario Gervasi, southern sector, area for age and life care;
- His Excellency Bishop Baldassare Reina, western sector, area for the administration of goods, legal area, service of the General Secretariat, seminaries;
- His Excellency Bishop Paolo Ricciardi, area for the care of the diaconate, clergy and religious life, Ordo Virginum;
- His Excellency Bishop Benoni Ambarus, area for the Diaconate of Charity.
In addition, I appoint His Excellency Bishop Baldassare Reina as Vicegerent, also assigning to him the functions of Provost of the Lateran Apostolic Palace and the task of verifying and submitting to me any new statutes and regulations concerning: the Opera Romana Pellegrinaggi, Caritas, the Opera Romana Preservazione della Fede, the Foundations, the Confraternities, the Archconfraternities and the Bodies connected to the Vicariate.
The Directors of the Offices, the members of the Council for Economic Affairs and the College of Consultors are extended donec aliter provideatur.
This Decree shall enter into force together with the Apostolic Constitution In ecclesiarum communione, and shall be published in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis.
Rome, Saint John Lateran, 6 January 2023