During the audience with His Eminence Cardinal Marcello Semeraro, prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Supreme Pontiff authorized the Congregation to promulgate the decrees regarding:
- the miracle attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God John Paul I (Albino Luciani), Supreme Pontiff; born on 17 October 1912 in Forno di Canale (now Canale d’Agordo), Italy, and died on 28 September 1978 in the Vatican Apostolic Palace, Vatican City State;
- the miracle attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God María Berenice Duque Hencker (née Ana Julia), founder of the Congregation of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation; born on 14 August 1898 in Salamina, Colombia, and died on 25 July 1993 in Medellín, Colombia;
- the martyrdom of the Servants of God Pedro Ortiz de Zárate, diocesan priest, and Juan Antonio Solinas, professed priest of the Society of Jesus, killed in hatred of the faith on 27 October 1683 in Valle del Zenta, Argentina;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Diego Hernández González, diocesan priest; born on 3 January 1915 in Javalí Nuevo, Spain, and died on 26 January 1976 in Alicante, Spain;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Giuseppe Spoletini (né Rocco Giocondo Pasquale), professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor; born on 16 August 1870 in Civitella (now Bellagra), Italy, and died on 25 March 1951 in Rome, Italy;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Magdeleine of Jesus (née Élisabeth Marie Magdeleine Hutin), founder of the Little Sisters of Jesus; born on 26 April 1898 in Paris, France, and died on 6 November 1989 in Rome, Italy;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Elisabetta Martinez, founder of the Congregation of the Daughters of Saint Mary of Leuca; born on 25 March 1905 in Galatina, Italy, and died on 8 February 1991 in Rome, Italy.