On Friday 16 October 2020, at 11.30, in the “John Paul II” Hall of the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, a press conference will be held to present the World Mission Day, to be held on Sunday 18 October 2020 on the theme, “Here I am, send me”.
The speakers will be:
- Archbishop Protase Rugambwa, secretary of the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples;
- Archbishop Giampietro Dal Toso, president of the Pontifical Mission Societies;
- Fr. Tadeusz J. Nowak, O.M.I., secretary general of the Pontifical Mission Society for the Propagation of the Faith (POPF).
In addition, the following will be present and available to journalists to speak about their experience of missionary life:
- Sr. Ana Cambongo António, Angola
- Don Vignandas Gangula, India
- Marco Gibelli and Lucia Truttero, Italy.
The press conference will be broadcast in live streaming on the Vatican News Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/VaticanNews.