On Wednesday 12 February 2020, at 13.00, in the John Paul II Hall of the Holy See Press Office, a press conference will be held to present the post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation of the Holy Father Francis, “Querida Amazonia”, following the Special Assembly of the Synod of Bishops for the Pan-Amazon Region, “Amazonia: new paths for the Church and for integral ecology” (6 to 27 October 2019).
The speakers will be:
- His Eminence Cardinal Lorenzo Baldisseri, secretary general of the Synod of Bishops;
- His Eminence Cardinal Michael Czerny, S.J., under-secretary of the Section for Migrants and Refugees of the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development, special secretary of the Synod of Bishops for the Pan-Amazon Region;
- Fr. Adelson Araújo dos Santos, S.J., theologian and lecturer in spirituality at the Pontifical Gregorian University;
- Sr. Augusta de Oliveira, S.M.R., vicar general of the Sisters of Mary Reparatrix;
- Professor Carlos Nobre, scientist, Nobel Laureate 2007, member of the Environmental Sciences Commission of the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development.
Bishop David Martínez de Aguirre Guinea, O.P., of the vicariate of Puerto Maldonado, special secretary of the Synod of Bishops for the Pan-Amazon Region, will be present with a video contribution.
* * *
All the press conferences which take place in the John Paul II Hall are broadcast via live audio-visual streaming on the Vatican Media YouTube Live Channel and via the Vatican News app. The conference will remain available on demand on the site