Tomorrow, Friday 7 December, at 13.00, in the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, there will be a “Meeting Point” with journalists to present “Sand Nativity 2018”, the monumental nativity scene produced using sand in Saint Peter’s Square for Christmas 2018, a gift from the city of Jesolo and the Patriarchate of Venice; and the Christmas tree, a gift from the Friuli Venezia Giulia region and the diocese of Concordia-Pordenone.
The official inauguration ceremony for the nativity display and the illumination of the Christmas tree will take place at 16.30 on Friday 7 December 2018.
The following will be present and available to the press:
- H.E. Msgr. Francesco Moraglia, Patriarch of Venice;
- Richard Varano, sculptor, artistic director of the “Sand Nativity 2018” project;
- Massimo Ambrosin, manager of the “Sand Nativity 2018” project;
- H.E. Msgr. Giuseppe Pellegrini, bishop of Concordia-Pordenone;
- Sandro Sandrin, president of the Events Association.