The Holy Father received in audience:
- His Eminence Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, president of the Department of External Church Relations of the Patriarchate of Moscow;
- Archbishop Emil Paul Tscherrig, apostolic nuncio in Argentina;
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, hereditary Prince of Abu Dhabi, and entourage;
- Filippo Grandi, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees;
- Julio César Caballero Moreno, ambassador of the Plurinational State of Bolivia, presenting his credential letters;
- Cardinal Cláudio Hummes, prefect emeritus of the Congregation for the Clergy, with Archbishop Jaime Vieira Rocha of Natal, Brazil.