Vatican City, 20 June 2016 – This morning in the Consistory Hall of the Apostolic Palace, the Holy Father presided at the celebration of Terce and at the ordinary public consistory for the canonisation of the Blesseds:
- Salomon Leclercq (né Guillaume-Nicolas-Louis Leclercq), 1745-1792, French, of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, martyr;
- Manuel González García, 1877-1940, Spanish, bishop of Palencia, founder of the Children of Reparation and the Congregation of the Eucharistic Missionaries of Nazareth;
- Ludovico Pavoni, 1784-1849, Italian priest, founder of the Sons of Mary;
- Alfonso Maria Fusco, 1839-1910, Italian priest, founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. John the Baptist;
- Elisabeth of the Holy Trinity (née Elisabeth Catez), 1880-1906, French professed religious of the Order of Descalced Carmelites.
The Pope decreed that the Blesseds be inscribed in the Book of Saints on Sunday 16 October 2016.
This was followed by the Optatio of four cardinals of the Order of Deacons to the Order of Presbyters:
- at the request of Cardinal William Joseph Levada, the diaconate of Santa Maria in Domenica was elevated pro hac vice to presbyteral title;
- at the request of Cardinal Franc Rodé, the diaconate of St. Francesco Saverio alla Garbatella was elevated pro hac vice to presbyteral title;
- at the request of Cardinal Andrea Cordero di Montezemolo, the diaconate of Santa Maria in Portico was elevated pro hac vice to presbyteral title;
- at the request of Cardinal Albert Vanhoye, the diaconate of Santa Maria della Mercede e Sant'Adriano a Villa Albani was elevated pro hac vice to presbyteral title.