Vatican City, 1 April 2016 – The following prelates died in recent weeks:
- Bishop Odo Fusi Pecci, emeritus of Senigallia, Italy, on 20 March at the age of 95;
- Archbishop Joseph Mercieca, emeritus of Malta, on 21 March at the age of 87;
- Bishop Timothée Modibo-Nzockena of Franceville, Gabon, on 24 March at the age of 66;
- Bishop Andreas Peter Cornelius Sol, M.S.C., emeritus of Amboina, Indonesia, on 26 March at the age of 100;
- Bishop Oscar Páez Garcete, emeritus of Ciudad del Este, Paraguay, on 29 March at the age of 78.