#SinodoAmazonico – Notice of Press Conference , 17.10.2019
Tomorrow, Friday 18 October 2019, at 13.30, in the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, a press conference will take place on the presentation of the Reports of the Circuli Minori of the Special Assembly of the Synod of Bishops for the Pan-Amazon Region, on the theme: “Amazonia: new paths for the Church and for integral ecology”, taking place in the Vatican from 6 to 27 October 2019.
The speakers will be:
- His Eminence Cardinal Michael Czerny, S.J., under-secretary for the Section for Migrants and Refugees of the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development, Vatican City;
- Archbishop Walmor Oliveira de Azevedo of Belo Horizonte, Brazil, president of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil;
- Archbishop Edmundo Ponciano Valenzuela Mellid, S.D.B., of Asunción, Paraguay;
- Archbishop Héctor Miguel Cabrejos Vidarte, O.F.M., of Trujillo, president of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, president of the Consejo Episcopal Latinoamericano (C.E.L.AM.);
- Reverend Sr. Daniela Adriana Cannavina, S.C.M.R., of the Capuchin Sisters of Mother Rubatto, secretary general of the CLAR, Colombia [U.I.S.G.].