Today, Thursday 17 October, at the briefing on the work of the Synod, taking place at 13.30 in the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, the following will be present:
- Archbishop Roque Paloschi of Porto Velho, Brazil;
- the Reverend Justino Sarmento Rezende, S.D.B., expert in indigenous spirituality and inculturated pastoral care, Brazil;
- Dr. Felicio de Araujo Pontes Junior, public prosecutor, specialist in the rights of indigenous peoples, Brazil;
- Ms. Patricia Gualinga, indigenous leader in the defence of the human rights of the Kichwa community of Sarayaku, Ecuador;
- Ms. Leah Rose Casimero, academic coordinator of the Quality Bilingual Education Programme for Wapichan children (QBEWC), Guyana;
- Dr. Paolo Ruffini, prefect of the Dicastery for Communication;
- Fr. Giacomo Costa, S.J., secretary of the Commission for Information.
The briefing will be chaired by the vice-director of the Holy See Press Office, Cristiane Murray.