Today, Wednesday 9 October, at the briefing on the work of the Synod, taking place at 13.30 in the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, the following will be present:
- Dr. Carlos Alfonso Nobre, scientist, Winner of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize, Member of the Comissão de Ciências Ambientais do Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico [CNPq], Brazil;
- Dr. Ima Célia Guimarães Vieira, Member of the National Environmental Council (CONAMA), Brazil;
- Msgr. Erwin Kräutler, C.PP.S., bishop-prelate emeritus of Xingu, Brazil;
- Dr. Paolo Ruffini, prefect of the Dicastery for Communication;
- Fr. Giacomo Costa, S.J., secretary of the Commission for Information.
The briefing will be chaired by the vice-director of the Holy See Press Office, Cristiane Murray.