#SinodoAmazonico – Briefing (8 October 2019), 08.10.2019
Today, Tuesday 8 October, at the briefing on the work of the Synod, taking place at 13.30 in the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, the following will be present:
- His Eminence Cardinal Pedro Ricardo Barreto Jimeno, S.J., archbishop of Huancayo, Peru, vice president of the Pan-Amazon Ecclesial Network;
- Ms. Victoria Lucia Tauli-Corpuz, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the rights of indigenous populations, Philippines;
- Ms. Moema Maria Marques de Miranda, Franciscan layperson, Assessor of REPAM and of “Churches and Mining”, Brazil;
- Dr. Paolo Ruffini, prefect of the Dicastery for Communication;
- Fr. Giacomo Costa, S.J., secretary of the Commission for Information.
The briefing will be chaired by the vice-director of the Holy See Press Office, Cristiane Murray.