On Monday 18 February 2019, at 11.30, at the Holy See Press Office, Via della Conciliazione 54, a press conference will be held to present the meeting on “The protection of minors in the Church”, to be held in the Vatican’s New Synod Hall from 21 to 24 February 2019.
The speakers will be:
- His Eminence Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, archbishop of Chicago, member of the Organizing Committee;
- H.E. Msgr. Charles J. Scicluna, archbishop of Malta, adjunct secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, member of the Organizing Committee;
- Fr. Federico Lombardi, S.J., president of the Joseph Ratzinger - Benedetto XVI Vatican Foundation, moderator of the meeting;
- Fr. Hans Zollner, S.J., president of the Centre for the Protection of Minors of the Pontifical Gregorian University, member of the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors; reference for the Organizing Committee;
- Sr Bernadette Reis, F.S.P., assistant to the ad interim director of the Holy See Press Office.
A simultaneous translation service will be available in Italian, French, English, German, Spanish and Portuguese.
All Press Conferences held in the John Paul II Hall are broadcast in live streaming on the Vatican Media YouTube Channel and via the Vatican News App. The conference may be consulted on demand at https://www.youtube.com/vaticannews.
In addition, there will be the Vatican Media live broadcast from 11.30 to 13.00 approximately.