Today the Holy Father received in audience:
- His Eminence Marc Ouellet, P.S.S., prefect of the Congregation for Bishops;
- H.E. Mr. Godwin George Uno, ambassador of Nigeria, presenting his credential letters;
- H.E. Msgr. Edgar Pena Parra, titular bishop of Telepte, apostolic nuncio in Mozambique;
- H.E. Msgr. Lionel Gendron, P.S.S., bishop of Saint-Jean-Longueuil, Canada, president of the Conference of Catholic Bishops of Canada, with: H.E. Msgr. Richard Joseph Gagnon, archbishop of Winnipeg, vice president; and Msgr. Frank Leo, secretary general;
- Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, on the occasion of the first centenary of the death of Saint Frances Cabrini.