The Holy Father received in audience:
- Carlos Saúl Menem, former president of the Argentine Republic, with his family;
- Sally Jane Axworthy, ambassador of Great Britain to the Holy See, presenting her credential letters;
- Msgr. Maurizio Bravi, Permanent Observer at the United Nations World Tourism Organisation;
- Cardinal Antonio María Rouco Varela, archbishop emeritus of Madrid, Spain;
- Msgr. Joseph Marino, apostolic nuncio in Malaysia and in East Timor; apostolic delegate in Brunei Darussalam;
- Archbishop Fortunatus Nwachukwu, apostolic nuncio in Nicaragua;
- Archbishop Franco Coppola, apostolic nuncio in Mexico.