Vatican City, 11 July 2016 – The Holy Father has:
- Bishop Donald Bolen of Saskatoon, Canada, as metropolitan archbishop of Regina (area 150,175, population 436,700, Catholics 132,400, priests 95, permanent deacons 2, religious 86), Canada.
- accepted the resignation from the office of director of the Holy See Press Office presented by Fr. Federico Lombardi, S.J.
- appointed Greg Burke, deputy director of the Holy See Press Office, as director of the same office. The new director was born in 1959 in Saint Louis, Missouri, U.S.A., and holds a degree in comparative literature from the Columbia University of New York, subsequently specialising in journalism. He has worked in various media outlets, including the National Catholic Register, Time, and the Fox News channel. In 2012 he was appointed by the Secretariat of State in the Department of General Affairs as assessor for communication, and in 2015 he was appointed deputy director of the Holy See Press Office.
- appointed Paloma García Ovejero as deputy director of the Holy See Press Office. The new deputy director was born in Madrid in 1975 and holds a degree in journalism from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, a masters in Basque Studies (Jakinet/UNED) and in management studies and communication from New York University (2007). She has held the role of editor and presenter for "Cadena Cope, Radio Española", and as correspondent for Italy and Vatican City since September 2012.
- appointed Cardinal Pasinya Laurent Monsengwo, archbishop of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, as his special envoy at the third Congress for Africa and Madagascar on Divine Mercy, to be held in Kigali, Rwanda from 9 to 15 September.